Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Sunday 16 December 2012

Painting update (28mm) - Future Soldier (and some WiPs)

As part of a painting competition, I got sent a free figure to  paint by Purbrook Models - one of the Mantic Sci-fi troopers.

I tried my '20mm' technique of lots of 'block' washing and then highlighting, and was pretty pleased with the result. The colour scheme was one I've been fancying using for a while - I've part-tried it a few times, but this is the first time I feel it's really come together.  There are lots of other reviews out there, but overall I was fairly impressed with the figure: they go together well, and  have good detail...



I also thought I'd share a picture of my 'waiting to be based' shelf - I think some of them have already been posted up, but some I've been saving until I've got the bases done (in an attempt to make me pull the finger out and actually get them sorted). Front Left are 1/48th Russians; back left are assorted Old west figure; front centre are a couple of Malayan Emergency armoured cars, planters and some 20mm bits; back centre-left are some bits I'm toying with using for Mortal Engines gaming; back centre-right are a few bits for BritApoc or 70's pulp gaming, and all the way along on the right are European gothic horror types


And here's a view of the (dis)organised clutter that is my painting desk - it's a bit out of date now (The CTS, Saracen, future soldiers and partisans have all been  done)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Simon, Aye - The Saladin is Corgi, whilst the Saracen/s are Dinky. I've also got a Dinky Dingo to sort out with a crew at some point. I've still not decided if it will be for Malaya or BritApoc. The die-casts are a little small (when compared to the Britannia Saracen for example)but not massively out of the way. I think Dinky will also be the source for any more 'retro' vehicles, as knocked about models are pretty cheap...

      Delete