Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Friday 11 May 2012

Finished Figures!

So, I've finally worked around to posting up my latest stuff on the blog... which is less good as most of you will have probably seen it on various forums (fora?) a week or so ago....  If that's the case, hopefully some of the stuff I mention will be of interest...!
CMB mujahadeen fighters. There won't be any more of these fellows until my Birthday (mid september). That said, this cell is pretty well armed, and will probably feature in a couple of trial/taster games. Future additions will hopefully build on the irregualr look, including more scavenged CDF & Russian army uniforms, as well as civillian gear...  

The 1/43rd cars work nicely with the 1/48th figures, and were pretty cheap too :) The only issue being that the older style/former-USSR cars I really want for the setting seem to be at a collectors premium. I think it'll just be a case of keeping eyes open and getting them cheaply when I can... Both these vehciles had fairly minimal weathering - the Mercades as it's likely to be a warlord's ride (and thus, have a drivver to keep it moderately well polished and clean) and ambulances tend to be washed on a regaulrish basis for hygines sake. I'm also toying with putting black thread along the telegraph lines to make wires, but may only do this on a game-by-game basis... The next thing to do wil be to  work out spacing distances between poles...
Now the base is finished, it's almost impossible to tell the RAFM figure is a different scale, and I've got hopes about trying to do something similar for a couple of the other figures from the range, just to add some diversity. I was tempted to sculpt her a scarf style face mask, but decided to pass for now. There are a couple more NaPa Guerillas in the priming pile...

The last of these guys for a while as well, although there is still one more figure form the pack (casual pose, AK/GL combo) I'm currently using him to size up scenery/vehicles/etc. Eventually he'll be aadded to the selection after suitbale conversion though... I'm hoping to use these chaps as local guides for the russians, once I get them finished, atleast until there are enough of them to make aa stand  alone force.


I am still tempted to try running the chernarus project inboth scales... so maybe I won't get rid ofthese guys just yet....

And on  the 'completely different' stakes, a white dragon to go with my HoTT saxons. Possibly the most boring 'big figure' base in existance, but my interest in the project is waning slightly, and I felt it was more important to get the figure done rather than trying to beautify the base further. I can always revisit it. The rune stone is just a general bit of scenery, and is libale to turn up in BritApoc games as well as proper dark agee stuff and may even make a one off apperance in Chernarus, marking the progress of a band of Rus traders. Speaking of which, the new GB Jomsvikings look ace, especially with all the Rus kit they've evidently managed to pick up during their wanderings. Given the number of new releases for Saga and it's increasing popularity, I am wondering if basing my stuff for HoTT was such a good idea afterall. Certainly the unit bases look nicer on display in the cabinet... which given the ammoutn of actual gaming I do these days is probably the more mportant thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment