Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Thursday 17 May 2012

Music to paint to - Chenarus I

I tend to prefer to paint figures to music (masks background noise, stops me jumpinng when doors slam/etc and just generally keeps me saner). However, do try to tie the music into what I'm painting. So, for my Chernarus figures I've been digging out esoteric Eastern European tunes on youtube. In this endevour, eurovision has been of great assisstance as atleast it gives me access to a selection of tracks from various countries. Here's what I'm currently listening to:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=AL94UKMTqg-9Cv-vKK2asBMolVv3iWVfmg , which has heped me power through painting 'Partizan I' flecktarn on some spetsnatz. They were the Moldovian group at eurovision 2011 with the HUGE pointed hats, and pretty girl playing a trumpet whilst riding a unicycle in a fairy costume. No, I'd have ever thought that I'd listen to them of my own free will either, but I am... Whlst I'd never say it was my favourite sort of music, and I'd never play it in my car whilst going on a trrip, it's grown on me beyond the ridicule that I had for it at Eurovision the other year. Here's another one I listen to (and the video for which is also fairly good insperation): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqgKUS3zkw&feature=player_embedded This is a bit ockier, and probably easier on some listeners ears...! Now to try and track down which colour to do the blocks of some scenery I'm working on - Brick, or Breeze-block...

No comments:

Post a Comment