Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Thursday 24 May 2012

WiPs

Hello Folks - I thought I'd show some more WiPs (although actually atleast one of these has been finished since I took these pictures... never mind!)

first up is a NaPa guerilla NCO. Originally a German kampschwimmer NCO, I decided I'd have more use for him as something else. Fairly minor conversion work on this guy - I gave him a face mask from millipu, re-shaped his field cap into something less german and a little closer to a Yugoslavian cap/generic garrison cap (ints nothing in particular to be honest, which is good as atleast it doesn't look german :) ) I also shaved off the pockets on the upper arms of his jacket. The jacket itself has been doen in Russian 'flora' camo, and has probably been 'liberated' from some prisoners some where. The MP5 will be anopther piece of NaPa's black market arms deals - I tell you what, it must be a nightmare trying to resupply these guys. Civillian trousers, generic webbing and a neutralish tone for the face scarf complete the figure.

Spetsnatz in Partizan I camo (know flecktarn, of a sort). I decided to keep these guys looking fairly homogeneous, so as to make them identifiable from ChDKZ and other militia on the table top. No conversions on any of these figures. I'm, not sure wether to do the chest rigs in a camo scheme (such as the flora I've used for infantry uniforms) or not. I'm probably going to go with 'not' so as to stop the figures looking too busy. I think I'll probably do the AKs for these guys (an probably all the other Russians) in black, with black furniture and a mix of black and brown magazines, to give a visual differentiation from the AK weilding militia...


MVD figure - The MVD will be wearing a mix of camo schemes, to give them a similar look to the units which operated in Chechnya. I'll make sure to mix in some Flora camo along with the 2 schems shown above (and maybe another urban pattern) to give them some visual cohesion.

VDV para troopers - awaiting the Knarloc green caot required to finish  the Flora scheme. These guys will probably be getting plain green combat vests, again on the principles of not being too busy, but also I feel that if I do them in the most common camo scheme (flora) then they will just blend in with the rest of the uniforms.

The statue itself is done - now it's just a case of finishing off making the base look like corncrete, and doing the last of the details on the information plaque (including finishing the picture on the top left. I've treid to go with a 'byzantine/eastern orthodox' look to the picture, drawing my insperation from similar artwok I've seen in the Ukraine and Bulgaria)

Up next on the blog - some (almost, apart from basing and weathering) finished figures....

6 comments:

  1. Wait... I recognise those bases... are you the guy with the moustache who I talked post apocalyptic stuff (and Darwin's world) with at the table top sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! If you ever want to kick off some post apocalyptic action, give me a shout. Tempting my usual gaming buddies away from published systems is a.thankless task.

      Delete
    2. Ok, will definitely be in touch at some stage. I've not done anything with it for a while, but I'm working on a 70's/80's British post-apocalypse setting (Triffids, etc). As someone described it - shotguns, side-burns and feudalism...

      Delete
  2. Nice. I'm assuming you can find an email through my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - I can't seem to access it. My old email address is v_lazy_dragon@yahoo.co.uk (it's already been hacked by spam bots, so no trouble posting it up online...) - if you email me there, and then block it, I'll collect the address and email you from my new account?

    ReplyDelete