Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Friday 7 March 2014

HLBS and The Warstore 1/48th compatibility

I have been looking for potential sources of additional figures to bolster my forces, such as the Dust figures or the Graven Images range.  There is a company (I believe the War Store) which has recently been advertising 1/48th civilians on eBay,  some of which looked like they would have potential as milita or armed civilians.  The test figure I ordered is shown in the centre of the picture.  It came with a slotta base which I removed and replaced with a Rendera plastic base. The casting and sculpting are both good, and from my perspective they fit well with the HLBS stuff.  I added a weapon from TAG, which fits fairly well with the HLBS weapons as I showed the other year.  Overall, very pleased and will probably pick up some more at some stage :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely matched. The Batman figs are quite big any useful figs amongst there ranges ?

    ReplyDelete