Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Wednesday 12 September 2012

The Soviets are coming! World War III is on!

Or, atleast, some minaiture soviets, along with some boot-necks to try and hold the line...



I decided to give 20mm a whirl, and with some money in my PayPal account after a few 28mm sales, it seemed as good a time as any. So far, although a couple of companies have said they'd send samples, only East Riding Miniatures/Platoon 20 have done so (in fariness, Elhiem & Under Fire did say the figures wouldn't be sent until this week)... so ERM got my order :) I had perviously drafted up a 'wants' list for s Soviet Motor Rifle platoon in camo suits, part of which was Platoon 20 and part  Liberation - so I ordered the P20 part, along with a pack of RPG men to make up sections in the mean time.



To face off aginst these guys I added a section of Royal Marines, including a CG launcher, and what will become part of a platoon HQ section.

I also had a quick look, and painted 20mm modern figures seem to have a reasonable retail value, so if everything goes awry with the current plan, I should atleast be able to make a bit of a profit on them...

5 comments:

  1. I too have been bitten by the cold war bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good mate. I won't be getting involved but i'll be following with interest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of interest mate! I'll still be working on my assorted 70's/80's 28mm stuff, which might be of interest from a KKBB/7-TV point of view :)

      Delete